Amazing Health Benefits of Guava Fruit and Leaves
- Guava fruits are oval in shape with light green or yellow skin and contain edible seeds. Guava leaves are used as an herbal tea and the leaf extract as a supplement.
- Their fruits are amazingly rich in antioxidants, vitamin C, potassium, and fiber. This remarkable nutrient content gives them many health benefits.
- Guava fruits are a traditional remedy for a range of health conditions. Research suggests that guava fruits and leaves may have a number of benefits.
- People used guava leaf tea as a treatment for diarrhea in several countries, including India and China.
- Guava is a sweet and delicious fruit cultivated in tropical climates. This seasonal fruit, scientifically known as Psidium guajava, round or oval-shaped.
- It is light green, yellow or maroon in color when it ripens. It has white or maroon flesh, depending on its type, and has small hard seeds enveloped in its soft, sweet pulp.
- The common types of guava include apple guava, yellow-fruited cherry guava, strawberry guava, and red apple guava. Guava is mostly eaten raw or consumed in the form of juice, jams, and jellies.
Latin Name: Psidium guajava
Here are 10 health benefits of guava fruits and leaves.
- Help Lower Blood Sugar Levels
- Boost Heart Health
- Help Relieve Painful Symptoms of Menstruation
- Benefit Your Digestive System
- Aid Weight Loss
- Have an Anticancer Effect
- Help Boost Your Immunity
- Eating Guavas May Be Good for Your Skin
- Improves Eyesight